At this time, we are not accepting any new applications.
Single, unmarried women will be considered for admission without regard to race, religion, or national origin. Women between the ages of 18 and 25 who are experiencing an unplanned pregnancy, and who would otherwise be unable to sustain themselves and their unborn child throughout the pregnancy will be considered for admission.
Here at Lois’ Lodge we provide more than simple shelter, we offer a comprehensive program which includes classes geared toward helping our guest residents develop life skills they will need as they embark upon their lives after they give birth. When they do embrace the opportunity afforded them, the rewards for themselves, their babies and the staff is well worth all our efforts.
- First, fill out and submit the Lois’ Lodge Admissions Application.
- Once application is received, Lois’ Lodge staff will follow up with a brief phone call and establish an Intake Interview (Mon – Thu between 10:00am to 3:00pm and Friday 10:00am to 1:00pm)
- Potential guest residents are encouraged to ask questions which will be addressed during their initial Intake Interview.
- Each potential guest resident is subject to a background check which will be conducted to be considered for admission.
- There is a 24 hour turnaround time for response of acceptance into our program.
To apply for the Lois’ Lodge maternity home program scroll down to submit the online application or click on the link in the right column to download a pdf application. If downloading, your application should be mailed to:
P.O. Box 1238
Matthews, NC 28106
We cannot accept women…
- Who have not resided in North Carolina for less than 6 months.
- Who have children residing with them and in their custody
- With mental illness
- With severe alcohol or drug abuse/dependence
- With a history of stealing
- With a history of violent behavior
The following is needed in order to complete the application process:
- Application for Admission
- Identification including Driver’s License, Social Security Card, and Birth Certificiate
- Proof of pregnancy as well as a copy of your most recent OB/GYN exam
- WIC and Medicaid Cards
- 2 Personal References
Additional requirements will be discussed at Intake interview.